C.I.S Engineering is a leading fabricator of specialist steel structures. As such it manu-factures an impressive range of products ranging from power line support structures through to mining process plant structures and large and complex building structures.
Established in 1998 as Central Information Services, the company was restructured into C.I.S Engineering in 2007 and forms part of the STRUCTA group. It employs 83 permanent staff and is a Level 1 broad-based black economic empowerment contributor.
C.I.S Engineering is located at 8 Firestone street, Vanderbijlpark, in Gauteng, and its premises covers an area of 35,100m2.
The plant houses dedicated modern manu-facturing equipment and full three-dimensional computer-aided design capabilities, with all in-house designs approved by professional engineers.
In addition, C.I.S Engineering’s plant includes a computer numerical control (CNC) drilling line and two CNC angle iron workers, as well as various automated submerged arc welding stations and a super length bending brake, 13,5m in length. This site also houses sister company Structa Profile, which boasts a state of the art 50m high-definition plasma cutter bed with three beams and 8 plasma heads including 1 robot head and a 13m x 3m laser cutting facility.
C.I.S Engineering’s wide range of products include:
- Electricity transmission and distribution line support structures
- Communication towers
- Complex and large span building structures
- Mining and chemical process plant support structures
- Installation of structures with accompanying civils and foundations
C.I.S Engineering is certified to ISO 9001:2015 and is registered with the
- Hot Dip Galvanisers Association
- Southern African Institute of Steel Construction
- Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa
- South African Institute of Welding
- The Powerline Association of South Africa
C.I.S Engineering contracts completed in South Africa and Swaziland, include:
- Three monopoles projects valued at a total of over R26-million
- IPP projects valued at R52-million
- A substation steelwork project valued at R4-million
- A process plant project valued at R47-million
- Large span warehouses valued at R10-million