AMSOL is a specialist solutions provider and partner to clients who operate in marine environments.
As a market leader, AMSOL is the only marine solutions provider in the region that is employee and management owned, making it a catalyst for economic empowerment and shared value creation.
Purpose and Vision
AMSOL aims to provide safe and sustainable marine solutions for its clients, in order to facilitate the growth and transformation of the regional economy.
Through its partnership-based approach, AMSOL is focused on delivering value to its clients and to managing risk according to international standards. In addition, AMSOL strives to reflect its company values in its commitment to people and the environment.
Markets and Sectors
Firmly rooted in South Africa, AMSOL also pursues business opportunities on the African continent and in the Indian Ocean island region.
Its clients are located primarily in the following sectors:
- Energy: oil, gas and renewables
- Ports: authorities and port users
- Mining: offshore and onshore
- Maritime: vessel owners and operators
- In December 2016, employees, management and investors acquired the company formerly known as SMIT Amandla Marine
- AMSOL leads transformation in the industry and is majority black South African-owned
- The company has a proven focus on localisation in its areas of operation
- Its diverse and specialist fleet includes 17 owned and managed vessels
- AMSOL is certified for Environmental Manage-ment Systems with ISO 14001:2015 and for Quality Management Systems with ISO 9001:2015
- It is a member of the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA)
- Holds membership of the International Salvage Union (ISU)
- AMSOL is focused on long-term client partner-ships, maintaining safety, health, environment and quality management and service delivery that meets international standards.