http://www.engineeringnews.co.za
R/€ = 13.48 Change: 0.11
R/$ = 12.50 Change: 0.07
Au 1245.31 $/oz Change: -3.99
Pt 959.50 $/oz Change: -0.50
 

Megan van Wyngaardt

Megan van Wyngaardt

Megan van Wyngaardt is Creamer Media Senior Contributing Editor Online for Engineering News and Mining Weekly.

Tel: +2711 622 3744

Email: newsdesk@engineeringnews.co.za

Eskom, NamPower sign five-year supply deal

23rd March 2017 Eskom on Thursday signed a five-year firm electricity sales agreement with Namibia’s national electricity utility NamPower, providing energy security to the neighbouring country and facilitating economic development and growth. Eskom interim CEO Matshela Koko noted at the signing, held alongside... 

Higher Education Minister extends skills strategy to reach goals

23rd March 2017 Four years after its 2013 conference, the National Skills Authority is still implementing recommendations aimed at improving the mandate it is tasked with, enhancing national skills development, including the systemic study of the implementation of the third National Skills Development Strategy,... 

Paladin launches arbitration against Langer Heinrich JV partner

23rd March 2017 Dual-listed Paladin Energy on Thursday launched arbitration proceedings against joint venture (JV) partner China National Nuclear Corporation’s (CNNC’s) Overseas Uranium Holdings subsidiary to seek orders and declarations regarding the sale of the Langer Heinrich mine (LHM), in Namibia’s Erongo... 

Competition Commission raids fresh produce market agents

23rd March 2017 The Competition Commission on Thursday morning conducted a search and seizure operation at the premises of nine fresh produce market agents suspected of involvement in alleged cartel and price-fixing conduct in contravention of the Competition Act. The operation formed part of an investigation... 

Eskom announces executive committee changes

22nd March 2017 Power provider Eskom has seconded group capital executive Abram Masango to the office of the group CE, to further strengthen the implementation of Eskom’s corporate plan. Eskom interim CEO Matshela Koko said the move was part of the company’s design-to-cost five-year strategic corporate plan,... 

Wärtsilä supplies 15 MW solar plant in Burkina Faso

22nd March 2017 Technology group Wärtsilä has entered into an agreement with independent power producer Eren Renewable Energy’s 90%-owned Essakane Solar, in Burkina Faso, to supply it with a 15 MW solar photovoltaic (PV) power plant. The remaining 10% is owned by Eren’s development partner African Energy... 

Seifsa welcomes easing inflation

22nd March 2017 The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (Seifsa) on Wednesday welcomed the easing in consumer price inflation to 6.3% in February, down from 6.6% in January. Contributors to easing inflation included food and nonalcoholic beverages, as well as household contents and... 

Vast takes full ownership of Romania mine

22nd March 2017 Aim-listed miner Vast Resources now owns 100% of the Manaila polymetallic mine, in Romania, following the completion of the acquisition of the remaining 49.9% of Sinarom Mining Group from vendor Ni Jin Ming. This follows the settlement of $1.14-million in debts associated with the company's... 

Outa threatens DWS with court over water issues

22nd March 2017 Seventy-one per cent of wastewater treatment facilities in South Africa are noncompliant and discharge more than four-billion litres of toxic wastewater into South Africa’s water resources every day, an investigation by the Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (Outa) has revealed. The organisation on... 

Master Drilling boasts strong order book

22nd March 2017 The launch of new projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone and Tanzania, paired with increased investment in human resources, has resulted in a 12.1% drop in JSE-listed Master Drilling’s gross profit to $23.5-million for the 2016 financial year. However, the company noted that... 

First
Prev
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next Last

About

Engineering News is a product of Creamer Media.
www.creamermedia.co.za

Other Creamer Media Products include:
Mining Weekly
Research Channel Africa
Polity

Read more

Subscriptions

We offer a variety of subscriptions to our Magazine, Website, PDF Reports and our photo library.

Subscriptions are available via the Creamer Media Store.

View store

Advertise

Advertising on Engineering News is an effective way to build and consolidate a company's profile among clients and prospective clients. Email advertising@creamermedia.co.za

View options
Subscribe Now for $119 Close