http://www.engineeringnews.co.za
R/€ = 16.41 Change: -0.02
R/$ = 14.18 Change: -0.02
Au 1225.15 $/oz Change: -4.40
Pt 841.50 $/oz Change: -2.64
 

Rebecca Campbell

Rebecca Campbell

Rebecca Campbell is Creamer Media Senior Deputy Editor for Engineering News and Mining Weekly.

Tel: +2711 622 3744

Email: newsdesk@engineeringnews.co.za

SAA in talks with other airlines to strengthen its business

24th July 2018 Troubled State-owned national flag carrier South African Airways (SAA) has reported that it is in talks with other airlines on renewing or creating new commercial partnerships. SAA stressed, in its statement, that these discussions were only about “commercial agreements such as interline,... 

Rival aerospace majors win orders and commitments for over 1 100 airliners at show

20th July 2018 Global commercial aerospace giants Airbus and Boeing have each reported hundreds of orders for their airliners at this year’s Farnborough International Airshow, currently under way in the UK. (The trade days being from Monday to Friday, with Saturday and Sunday the public days.) Boeing announced... 

Demand for 37 390 new airliners and freighters over next 20 years – Airbus

20th July 2018 European-based aerospace giant Airbus recently published its forecast for new airliner and freighter aircraft demand for the next 20 years. The Group’s “Global Market Forecast 2018-2037” predicts a need for 37 390 new passenger and freighter aircraft over this period, taking the global fleet of... 

Global airliner-maker consolidation continues as Boeing, Embraer announce JV

20th July 2018 US aerospace giant Boeing and Brazilian aerospace major Embraer have jointly announced that they had signed a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding to create a commercial aviation joint venture (JV). Boeing will hold 80% of the JV and Embraer the remaining 20%. The deal has still to be approved... 

SAA gives assurances to union about its future plans, including privatisation

20th July 2018 In a letter to trade union Solidarity, and released by the union at a recent media briefing, South African Airways (SAA) CEO Vuyani Jarana has given a number of assurances about the plans for the future of the beleaguered State-own national flag carrier. The letter followed a meeting between... 

Aerospace group Boeing expects strong global airliner and services demand until 2037

18th July 2018 Global aerospace giant Boeing has predicted that 42 730 new jet airliners, worth $6.3-trillion, will be needed to meet demand over the next 20 years. This forecast was unveiled in the group’s 'Commercial Market Outlook', released at the Farnborough International Airshow, currently under way in... 

Britain unveils progress in high technology combat aircraft project

17th July 2018 The UK unveiled a full-scale mock-up of a sixth-generation combat aircraft on the first day of the Farnborough airshow on Monday. This, described as a “concept aircraft”, is the result of the work of a consortium called Team Tempest, which is made up of British aerospace firms and the Royal Air... 

Brazilian aerospace group predicts strong growth in smaller airliner segment

16th July 2018 Brazilian aerospace group Embraer, one of the world’s top two regional jet manufacturers, has forecast a global demand for 10 550 new airliners with capacities of 150 seats or less, over the next 20 years. This prediction was released on Sunday at Farnborough in the UK, the day before the start... 

Action needed to integrate UAVs into civil air space in South Africa – Denel

13th July 2018 Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) manufacturer Denel Dynamics (which also produces missiles and space technology) has called for a national programme to integrate UAVs (popularly called drones) into the country’s civilian controlled air space. Controlled air space is air space in which all air... 

Travel between SA and Spain boosted by renewed air link

13th July 2018 The reintroduction of direct flights between Johannesburg and Madrid by Spanish flag-carrier airline Iberia in August 2016 has resulted in a significant boost in travel between South Africa and Spain. This was reported by Airports Company South Africa Assistant General Manager (Client and... 

Latest News

more

Latest Videos

more

About

Engineering News is a product of Creamer Media.
www.creamermedia.co.za

Other Creamer Media Products include:
Mining Weekly
Research Channel Africa
Polity

Read more

Subscriptions

We offer a variety of subscriptions to our Magazine, Website, PDF Reports and our photo library.

Subscriptions are available via the Creamer Media Store.

View store

Advertise

Advertising on Engineering News is an effective way to build and consolidate a company's profile among clients and prospective clients. Email advertising@creamermedia.co.za

View options
Subscribe Now for $119
Free daily email newsletter Register Now
Subscribe Now for $119 Close