/ MEDIA STATEMENT / This content is not written by Creamer Media, but is a supplied media statement.
Infrastructure Africa is bringing together global and regional infrastructure leaders and experts to attend the 7th annual event, kicking off in Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg on the 9 -10th October 2018.
Africa’s premier infrastructure event continues to grow its line-up of stellar global and regional rainmakers and policymakers who are unlocking Africa’s infrastructure opportunities and shaping the next two decades of Africa’s economic horizons. Dozens of senior executives and infrastructure experts as speakers have confirmed their attendance to date.
The two-day conference and showcase exhibition provides an opportunity for companies to focus on the continent’s growth hotspots, discuss infrastructure trends, meet project developers and relevant government authorities, whilst exploring infrastructure business opportunities.
“Our aim with the 2018 edition of the Infrastructure Africa Business Forum is to bring the project development opportunities to investors, project developers, infrastructure experts, financiers, etc. Focused country project roundtables will be hosted and include project pitches from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Sierra Leone and a large PIDA Project, the Batoka Gorge Hydroelectric regional energy project. This will provide interested infrastructure stakeholders with a focused ‘dealroom’ to engage and to facilitate infrastructure development deal flow.” Commented Liz Hart, Managing Director of the Infrastructure Africa Business Forum.
Infrastructure leaders and senior executives confirmed to speak include:
- Amb Jean Kamau, High Commissioner, Kenya High Commission, South Africa
- Sherrie Donaldson, Director, BRICS Institute
- Lade Araba, Africa Region Representative, Convergence (East Africa)
- Sean Cleary, Chairman, Strategic Concept
- Ronald Mutasa, Senior Associate: Infrastructure Projects & PPPs, Manokore Attorneys
- Catherine Grant, Director, Tutwa Consulting
- Chiboni Evans, Chief Executive Officer, SAEEC
- Brigette Baillie, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Jackie Midlane, Director, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa
- H.E. Mr. Jacob Jusu Saffa, Minister, Ministry of Finance, Sierra Leone
- Zubair Suliman, Senior Investment Manager, DEG
- Dr. Miriam Altman, Commissioner, National Planning Commission
- Vibhuti Jain, Financial Solutions Lead, POWER AFRICA
- Prof Wiseman Nkuhlu, Director, Ethics Institute of South Africa
- John Rocha, Project Manager, NEPAD Business Foundation
- Max Makgoale, Chief Executive Officer, Vula Telematix
- Dr. Towela Nyirenda-Jere, Principal Programme Officer: Regional Integration Infrastructure and Trade, NEPAD Agency
- Dr. John Tambi, Chairman Presidential Infrastructure Initiative, Sierra Leone
- Emma Wade-Smith, Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for Africa, UK Department for International Trade
- Stanley Subramoney, Chief Executive Officer, Menston Holdings
- Gilbert Boois, Project Manager: Spatial Development Initiatives, Walvis Bay Corridor
- Silvester Kasuku, Chief Executive Officer, Lapsset
- Kudzanayi Bangure, Project Manager (Rail), Africa Infrastructure Desk, NEPAD Business Foundation
- Neels Van Niekerk, Chief Executive Officer, International Steel Fabricators of South Africa
- Mohan Vivekanandan, Group Executive: Origination & Client Coverage, DBSA
- Nicky Moyo, Managing Director, DEAT Capital
- Ian Petherbridge, Director, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa
- John Smelcer, Director: Head of Energy & Infrastructure, Webber Wentzel
- Dr. Markus Thill, President: Region Africa, Bosch Group
- Ian Kendal, Managing Director, Lasher Tools
- Joshua Ogwal, Partner, Ligomarc Advocates
- Montfort Mlachila, Senior Resident Representative, International Monetary Fund, South Africa
- Brenton Lalu, Senior Research Analyst, Public Investment Corporation
- Adeyinka Adeyemi, Senior Adviser, UNECA
The programme is continually being updated and the organisers expect more VIPs to confirm their attendance in the weeks to come