Multi-asset energy company Kibo Energy on Wednesday welcomed the announcement by the Tanzania Electricity Supply Company (Tanesco) that it had resumed the tender process for certain energy projects in the country.
Kibo on Friday said certain procedural amendments needed to be made to the process before the tender could proceed.
The company had previously submitted formal tender qualification documents to Tanesco for its Mbeya coal-to-power project.
“We are pleased that the tender process is continuing and that it resumed so quick after the cancellation notice. We will collect the amended request for qualification (RFQ) documents forthwith to ensure that the tender qualification document which we submitted on October 18 complies with any new requirements that might be stipulated in the latest RFQ.
“We are, however, of the opinion that our submission will still be compliant and, if any amendments will be required, that these will be of a very minor nature. We are looking forward to a prompt conclusion of the entire tender process,” Kibo CEO Louis Coetzee said in a statement published on Wednesday.