As part of the October Transport Month 2018, the MCA will be hosting this event with an overall theme: Future of Mobility in the Age of Industry 4.0. This conference and exhibition will have 4 conference tracks with the following sub-themes:
- Green Mobility – Accelerating the adoption of Electric Vehicles and low carbon transport;
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles – Delivering on road safety and reduction of road carnage that claims 14,000 lives annually on South African roads; not to mention the R142 billion societal cost (RTMC, 2016).
- Drone Technology – Balancing the regulatory imperatives with economic opportunities, delivering on the much-needed jobs.
- Shared Mobility and Mobility-as-a-Service – Our hope for inclusive and affordable mobility and reduced congestion; challenging private car ownership.
Some of the expected attendees will be middle and senior managers from the following:
- Organs of state, SOEs, etc.
- Aspiring smart cities, IDZs, smart mini-cities;
- Transport operators;
- Automotive manufacturers, Tier 1 & 2 Suppliers, Dealerships, etc.
- Academics, thought leaders, futurists, tech evangelists, etc.
- Engineering consultants;
- Technology companies;
- Mobile Telecommunication: Operators, OEMs, Suppliers;
- Drone suppliers, operators, etc.;
- Traffic and transport authorities;
- Mass-transit operators: BRT, metro-rail, etc.
- Micro-transit operators: Ride-hailing, scooters, segways, etc.
- Start-up companies in the mobility and transport space;
- Post-graduate students; etc.
For more information contact Victor Radebe at email@example.com or Nondumiso Sithole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 798 6000. For more information about MCA please visit www.mobilitycentreafrica.com.