Bidvest Facilities Management, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the JSE-listed Bidvest group, is one of the premier Facilities Management solutions companies in southern Africa, providing a wide range customised and end-to-end integrated facilities management services to the industrial, engineering, mining, FMCG, retail, property, telecommunications, hospitality and other sectors.
The company provides services for 50 000 buildings covering 23 million square metres of space throughout South Africa.
Founded in 2000 under the name Total Facilities Management Company, Bidvest Facilities Management joined the Bidvest Group in 2013 and changed its name in 2015 when it became a strategic asset as one of Bidvest’s core services division. With its legacy for excellence and as an industry leader in South Africa, Bidvest Facilities Management has the honour of being seen as a driver of growth of the Services Division within the Bidvest Group. The company, backed by the financial strength of the Bidvest Group, is a black-owned organisation and a Level 2 B-BBEE Empowered Supplier.
Today, Bidvest Facilities Management has 39 strategic offices around the country, providing services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, even in remote locations.
Bidvest Facilities Management has extensive experience in both non-core services outsourcing, as well as the provision of business support services. The company offers three main services to its customers, which include:Total Facilities Management, which includes customised solutions to suit its customers needs, from contract management; engineering maintenance and technical solutions; bundled soft services; quality, health and safety and environmental services; supply chain management; contact centre capabilities; to professional project management services.
• Engineering Maintenance / Technical Solutions – core to these solutions are efficient and sustainable maintenance services,which are engineered to suit customers’ needs. The full range of planned and reactive maintenance services include infrastructure repairs and maintenance; fire protection, detection, suppression management systems; building fabric maintenance; external hardscaping; lifts and escalator, air-con and HVAC maintenance; security system installation, repairs and maintenance; energy and utilities management; standby emergency power provision; asset management services and handyman services.
• Bundled Soft Services – as a market leader Bidvest Facilities Management can provide clients with customised, flexible and competitive facilities’ services, reflecting global trends of the benefits of multiple services provided through a single service provider. These services, managed by a key accounts manager, include but are not limited to cleaning, hygiene, pest control, physical security, catering, waste management, laundry, landscaping, etc.
Bidest Facilities Management also offers customers a range of focussed solutions to suit their needs, which include:
• Mobile Generators
o 24-hour servicing, maintenance and refuelling support, even in remote areas
• Training Academy
o State-of-the-art technical training centre, MERSETA accredited, with various training initiatives offered to customers’ facilities staff, as well as the wider public
• Utilities and Energy Management
o An outsourced administration service with end-to-end financial management of large volume utilities billing
• Mobile Maintenance
o Basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and general building maintenance on a scheduled contract or a planned project basis by multi-skilled staff
• Structure Integrity Inspections
o Integrity Inspection services of structures that comply to statutory requirements, such as billboards, masts and towers
• Telecommunications Services
o Maintenance and servicing of telecommunications facilities including data centres, network buildings, telecommunications masts and towers and all network supporting infrastructure.
Technology and Innovation
Bidvest Facilities Management strives to differentiate itself in the market place by using and adopting the latest technology and innovations to drive efficiencies and streamline processes.
These include a Computerised Facilities Management System, called SAP, which has been especially customised to suit the company’s evolving requirements. Intrinsic to the system are handheld mobile devices which offer a real-time facility for logging information from the field into SAP, such as work orders, field requests, photo uploads, timesheets, barcode scanning, and asset verification etc.
Core to Bidvest Facilities Management’s solutions and services is its Contact Centre, which comprises a Help Desk for inbound and outbound support, as well as its Building Management Control Centre, which integrates into the SAP platform, and achieves quick and efficient response times.
The Building Management Control Centre also offers remote surveillance to proactively manage all events and alarms from critical sites.
To date, over 50,000 key points are monitored in real-time, which offers a web-based view and remote control capability on environmental equipment, with the ADSL network fully backed by 3G connectivity.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management;
- OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management
- ISO 14001 Environment Management.
Bidvest Facilities Management has an extensive track record in partnering with leading organisations throughout South Africa on a long-term basis, due to its unique value proposition, which combines the following attributes:
• Professional Capacity
• National Footprint
• Service Level Agreements
• Continuous improvement, innovation and creativity
• 24/7/365 dedicated contact centre
• Triple accreditation – Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental
• B-BBEE status
• Leverage of Bidvest Group companies